Sonda Multipurpose Coaxial X8 Multirotor
Sonda is a multipurpose professional X8 coaxial octocopter.
It is available as empty frame kit and RTF version. Contact us for more details.
€3,075.00–€8,865.00 ex.Vat | €2,500.00 in.VAT
Sonda is a multipurpose professional X8 coaxial octocopter. It can be equipped with Pixhawk, DJI or other brands flight controllers. Four arms are made of reinforced carbon fiber tubes. Folding arms mechanism is equipped with double locking system. Due to its foldable construction Sonda is very convenient to transport. Landing gear is mounted by thumbscrews that allows quick disassembly. Drone is equipped with upper and lower mounting system (with quick release connector) for additional accessories (for example top and bottom mounted gimbal). Two passage channels, located in the center of a frame, connect lower, center and upper frame. Electronics inside the platform is protected by upper cover that can be quickly dismounted. ESCs are placed at the end of each arm between motors to ensure proper cooling and this gives more place in the center of frame. Drone can be equipped with FPV WDR camera which allow BVLOS flights and helps pilot define flight direction. This platform is designed to mount different peripheral devices like for example, V-Map, Slantrange, Infinity MR-S2 gimbal, obstacle avoidance µPatch, uSharp and others. On the side of a drone are located different types of power outputs connectors to power external devices.
Sonda if designed and produced in Poland by HD Air Studio. All rights reserved.
- Wheelbase (motor to motor): 968mm
- Outer frame dimension: 815x815mm unfolded/ 505x505mm folded
- Maximum top propeller diameter: 21” (arm can be extended for bigger prop)
- Maximum bottom propeller diameter: 21”
- Height: 505mm (to the upper QR mount)
- Height under main body (payload space): 310mm
- Empty frame weight with landing gear and housing: 2383g
- Diameter inside center body: 255mm
- Height inside center body: 36mm
- Landing gear: fixed with quick release connector for fast disassembling
- Battery mounting: on the shelf under the drone
- Dust, water resistance : IP54
- Built in LED lights: 2 x green, 2 x red
- Built-in FPV camera: yes, as an option
- Battery plugs: XT90 (can be modified)
- Power source for external devices: 12V/3A, 5V/3A and 16V/3A as an option
- Quick release for payload (gimbal): 1pcs., more available as an option
- Retractable landing gear: available in the future
- Damping system: built is center body of a frame
- Suggested payload: 2.5-6kg
- Suggested battery: 2x 6S 22.000mAh
- RTF weight (excluding battery and payload; including all the electronics, autopilot, motors, ESC, props, etc.): 6125g
- Autopilot options: Pixhawk 2.1, DJI A3, DJI A3 PRO, DJI N3.
- Suggested motors: KDE Direct 4213XF motor
- Suggested ESC: KDE Direct UAS 55HVC+ ESC
- Suggested props: 18,5”
- Flight time (10970g AUW) with 2x 16000mah and 10% battery capacity remaining: 22min. With 2 x 22000mah: 26,5min.
- Customization available
- Drawings and detailed dimensions available for special request
Please note that the specification of the electronics listed above might be different for different type of application. The frame of the drone allows to make modifications for special customer requests.
ARTF version includes: 24V 400A power instalation + 8x KDE Direct 4213XF + 8x KDE Direct UAS 55HVC+ ESC + 8x KDE 18,5″ carbon propeller + 3x BEC: 16V/3A, 12V/3A, 5V/3A + LED Lights (red on front and green on back). If you need RTF version with RC transmitter&receiver, charger, Li-Po batteries, gimbal and additional accesories please contact us.
|Flight controller version||
No FC, Pixhawk 2.1 with HERE GPS, DJI A3, DJI A3PRO, DJI N3
Sonda frame with landing gear, Sonda frame with landing gear ARTF version with KDE Direct 4213XF motors (details in description)